EDR envisions a global community where anyone can achieve his or her dream and live in harmony with others through education.
To this end, EDR is committed to promoting Human Security, Human Development, and Global Citizenship by helping communities and societies bridge gaps in educational opportunities caused by economic inequality and barriers of language and culture.
EDR partners with universities, private and public academic institutions and organizations, and national and local governments and communities in conducting research to solidify theoretic foundation and develop policies and projects, and implementing targeted programs.
EDR (Educational Divide Reform, Inc.) is a non-profit organization incorporated in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in June 2013. EDR was founded exclusively for charitable and educational purposes as specified in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
EDR, partnering with relevant organizations, helps people in local and global communities maximize their academic and professional potential and live in harmony by providing them with effective ideas, methodologies, programs and resources to overcome inequities in educational opportunities caused by economic inequality and barriers of language and culture.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Create educational tools tailored to decrease the gap in educational opportunities caused by economic inequality and language/cultural barrier
- Promote the seven dimensions of human security (economic, food, health, environmental, personal, community, and political) for human development and conflict prevention among the people of the world
- Create and foster a spirit of cross-cultural understanding and peace among the people of the world
- Promote the principles of good government and good citizenship
- Provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest such as education
- Encourage service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors
- Generally to carry out educational seminars and workshops